Friday, August 28, 2009

Scriptures for Thought

In praying about and pondering the Health Food Issue within the bounds of a believer's life, I have gathered these references for thought. I am listing them without comment, but welcome input and discussion.

Please understand that this is not an eternal issue. My desire, rather, is to free believers from self-imposed bondages that have no scriptural basis and that keep them from freely interacting with the world and all the junk in it. How can we be lights in the midst of darkness if we separate ourselves from it?

Peters vision: Acts 10: 9-16
Jesus – defilement: Matt 15: 10-20
Fear not of God: II Tim 1:7
Latter times – food: I Timothy 4:1-7
Jesus final word to the eleven: Mark 16:18

I read this in the context of Matt 4:5-7. Would I intentionally drink a glass of poison? No.
Do I worry about trace elements of pesticides that might be on fresh veggies? No.

Our bodies being the temple of God: I Corinthians chapters 3 and 6 in their entirety.
Live according to our conscience: Romans 14

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a non-conformist in a culture that worships conformity (to something, even non-conformity) and that can be interesting. I am married with children. I love nature and melding in with the outdoors and find it sad that so much of today’s culture chooses to live within the confines of 4 walls in order to experience creature comfort. And most importantly, I love Jesus and pray that my life reflects Him and his Truth.